Would you consider a specialist degree to be a masters degree or a professional degree?

So, the question is somewhat off topic, but I figure that many of us have a specialist degree so I’ll ask here.

So, sometimes when I am filling out online surveys or research surveys for various purposes, it will ask about the degree that I have. This will usually be a part of the general demographic information (such as age, marital status, household income, etc.). Usually, they don’t have an option for specialist degree. It will only include High School, Some College, Bachelors, Masters, Professional, Doctorate. Usually under the Professional category, they give the JD, MD, DDS, LLB as examples. Under Masters it says MA, MSW, MS, MBA.

So, I am wondering which category you think most closely fits our degree. Would you choose Masters or Professional?


Leave a Reply