VMware vSphere networking is a core VMware competency and is heavily represented in the VMware Certified Professional 6.5 – Data Center Virtualization (VCP6.5-DCV) exams. In this course, instructor Rick Crisci takes a deep dive into networking for VMware vSphere. Rick kicks off the course with virtual switch basics, going over how network traffic travels from the operating system of a VM and gets virtualized, as well as the major components of vSphere standard switches. He then builds to more complex topics, including distributed switches, physical networking, TCP/IP stacks, and private VLANs.
- vSphere standard and distributed switches
- Creating a vSphere distributed switch
- Configuring vSphere distributed switch policies
- Configuring traffic shaping
- Configuring network I/O control
- Configuring private VLANs
- Configuring port mirroring
Skill Level Beginner
Show More Show Less
You started this assessment previously and didn’t complete it. You can pick up where you left off, or start over.